Okay, it’s that time again: The Third Annual Blood on the River!
So here’s how it’s going down…This is a holiday weekend. Labor Day 2017. We will be opening up the campsite on Friday, the 1st of September, for folks who want to come in early. Friday will be the usual “Hey, welcome!” Everybody can check in at the campsite and get set up for our Friday night dinner. Saturday, Jazzy has something brand new for you! More on that in a second… The trophy will be handed out Sunday evening at the property during the BBQ. It’s here we will drink all night and eat more than we probably should. Some drunken moron will probably pick up a sword and that’s okay because 200 other drunken morons will be there to defend you. Monday gives us a little time to explore Pittsburgh before you head home. We will have roving bands of Plow-People escorting you to cool brunch spots and checking out some of Pittsburgh before you hit the road for home! So that’s right, you get to spend 4 days with us and everybody knows…
…Don’t get me wrong other people throw really nice camping events…
“Ain’t no party like a Plow party!”
This thing is Amazeballs!
So what did Jazzy come up with this year?!
Last year folks said…
“I don’t know how to use that type of sword!”
“I waited in line too long!”
“What if we tried teams or changed the game?!”
The holiday weekend gave us so much time! This year, we are going to use it. Saturday morning you will be assigned to a team of 5 (Jazzy’s pick!). That is the team you are training with all weekend. There will be five classes on five weapons, taught by some lovely guests. These are the five weapons we will use in the Sunday team tournament. Some of you will be great at Longsword but brand new to Rapier! This gives you the chance to help train and build up your teammates!
Then we get to the team tournament on Sunday! The rules are different this year: Tabletop Team Poker! Here is the gist of the rules!
- Each team of 5 people get a 5 card hand on the wall and each team member will be assigned a number.
- Each team rolls the dice. Highest numbers goes first, next highest goes second, etc.
- When your turn comes up, your team may challenge another team to trade cards. Each team sends a rep to the Game Master.
- Both teams roll a numbered dice and the challenged team also rolls a weapons dice.
- The numbers 1-5 correspond to the 5 members on a team, the number 6 is wild. If you roll a 6, you get to decide who to send to battle.
- The weapon dice works the same way. Whatever weapon comes up, that is what those two folks are fighting. The weapon dice also has a 6th wild side. If that comes up it is the defending team’s choice of what to fight.
- The remaining team members make up the judges and coaches for the match. This is a friendly place to try what you learned!
- The teams send a rep back to the table to register the result.
- The challenge list will work in such a way that each team will get to issue one challenge and be challenged once before a round is over. We will run as many rounds as we can complete in the time allotted, to give folks the chance to fight as many times, with as many weapons, as possible.
- Who get’s to take the trophy home? Wait and see!
- 1. Longsword
- 2. Sword & Buckler
- 3. Rapier
- 4. Sabre
- 5. Messer
Full rules and instructor list coming soon!
Registration this is $100 for fighters and $60 for non-combatants…a.k.a. partiers
-Food on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Evening
-Lunch for Saturday and Sunday
-Monday adventure guides (buy your own food and souvenirs)
*Active members of Broken Plow receive a discount on both the campsite access and event participant tickets. Some event ticket slots are currently held back for Plow students but will be made public if they do not sell. Please contact Jazzy if you did not get the discount code.
|Friday 9/1/17||5:00pm||Campsite Opens||Campsite|
|Saturday 9/2/17||9:00am||Check-in & Team Assignments||Plow|
|10:00am||1st Round of Classes||Plow|
|11:30am||2nd Round of Classes||Plow|
|1:00pm||3rd Round of Classes||Plow|
|2:30pm||4th Round of Classes||Plow|
|4:00pm||5th Round of Classes||Plow|
|7:00pm||Dinner & Sparring||Campsite|
|Sunday 9/3/17||9:30am||Team Check In Deadline||Plow|
|6:00pm||Dinner & Sparring||Campsite|
|Monday 9/4/17||10:00am||Campsite Cleanup||Campsite|
|Labor Day!||11:00am||Pittsburgh Explorations w/ Plow||Misc|
Love, The Ape King